Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Brisk morning ride in Michigan

This was taken just after I dropped Grant off at school. The roads were free of ice and mostly dry. With snow it helps with the traction even if there is ice the snow will give you some stability, how ever it does enhance your rolling resistance I do run a little lower pressure in my tires also.

It was a beautiful day over all. I can remember when I would say I could handle winter all year? I recently told my wife that I would have to retract that statement. I have pretty bad arthritis and the cold is pretty bad with it. My hands are more sensitive to the cold. Its hard to ride with mittens on but I do not do a lot of shifting anyways. Layering is a must and I find that the best method is to dress that went you are standing and just start out it is a little chilly because you will warm up. Just be careful of extremities , ears, finger toes.

get out and ride, A body in motion stays in motion.

1 comment:

  1. I find the same, although it can be a bit tricky delayering when you get to a warm shop.

    My main problem with clothing is valleys, of which we have lots: you get warm climbing out of a valley, so you take off layers, then the next one comes along and you get cold coasting down and inside the valley, so you layer up, then you climb back out...

    ReplyDelete